I made it through the garter stitch ties, the honeycomb lace body, and the 3-needle bind-off before the ends began to unravel from under the sleeves. It turns out that a yarn made of bamboo and silk doesn't stick to itself as well as a yarn made of wool; go figure. It's been in Time Out ever since with a vague impression of "UGH re-work ends..." attached to it.
Today I pulled it out along with a bottle of Fray-Check, that incredibly useful sewing glue, and set to work.
Dear Reader, you may imagine my amusement and irritation when I tell you that it took literally fifteen minutes to finish the garment. A spot of glue here and there, a re-knitting of 3 rows of sleeve, and a bind-off were all that was left. After fourteen months of avoidance, a mere fifteen minutes sufficed to take the (admittedly tiny) weight of this project off of my mind.
Better pictures to follow, but for now it's blocking:
|Crystal Palace Panda Silk, Black, 380 yds.|
|Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud, "Tidepool" 1760 yds in stash.|