09 January, 2009

The Knitting Workshop

Last night, I finished the Seeded Rib Scarf #6, hurrah! It weighed in at 168g, which is roughly 331 yards. Because I have become one of those people who anticipates finishing things (when did THAT happen?!?), I also threw some Cascade 220, some size 6 needles and EZ's Knitting Workshop in my bag. I cast on and made it through the ribbing and increases before I got sent home from work early to recuperate.

The Maybe It'll Fit Someone Hat
EZ's Knitting Workshop Pattern #1
Stash-busting Cascade 220


The knitting made it into the house, but the book did not - it's in the passenger seat of my car. I took the opportunity to start a pair of Cookie A's Mingus Socks while finishing Season 1 of The Tudors and a disc of Smallville. I'm quite proud of myself in terms of my choice of yarn - some Koigu PPPM I bought ages ago and was saving for when the Pope came to visit, apparently.


Cookie A "Mingus" sock
KPPPM "If The Pope Wore Green"

The pride part comes in because I tend to knit with the newest thing in my stash and save the older yarn for something "special," when really I should just dive in and use everything. I've never knitted with the Koigu before, but I'm liking it so far. I particularly enjoy the stitch definition; I'm hoping it washes well, since the Mingus is a pretty intricate lace pattern and I'd hate to have it get all felty and muddled like my Hedera Socks did. (That could be because I washed the Hedera's on HOT and then dried them in the dryer. I am sometimes a bit of an idiot.)

The pattern is lovely, but it requires attention, so I think I'll be leaving these socks at home for TV knitting. More time to work through Knitting Workshop!

2 comments:

  1. Casting on something as soon as you buy it is an excellent idea. That way it is ready to be worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love knitting Koigu - but it will felt in the dryer if your man forgets and drys your socks. Not bad felting - I can still wear the socks, but they are a little crunchier and lost the stitch definition and stretch.

    ReplyDelete