29 December, 2008

Meddy Wistas!

I hope you all had a lovely Merry Christmas and are looking forward to 2009 as much as I am! In the next year I will graduate from college, get a Big Girl job, and try very hard to modify my expectations so that they are a) reasonable and b) achievable. I will also try to knit myself enough socks to carry me through any winter harsher than a Silicon Valley one. But more on that later; I have pictures!

Seeded Rib Scarf #3 for Aunt C.
Malabrigo "Indigo," 216 yds.

Seeded Rib Scarf #4 for Grandma A.
Malabrigo "Stonechat," 216 yds.
(This is actually Scarf #2, but it's the same scarf)


I've begun my FIFTH Seeded Rib Scarf out of Manos del Uruguay man-colored yarn that I bought ages ago at The Knitting Arts. I also began my KAL project with Brie: the creatively named Scarf #21 with Edging Insert from Victorian Lace Today. I chose some Schaefer Anne from my stash that my friend Robin gave me. This is the first time I've used the Anne - mostly I just sit and pet it obsessively - and I'm in not just love, but lurve. It's perfect for lace, and as soon as I'm done with my 2.5 remaining seeded rib scarves I plan to dive into this scarf with perfect abandon. And possibly the the rest of my stash of Anne.

This year, I'm also going to attempt to put myself through garment construction school by working my way through Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Workshop. So, to sum up the impending new year: Graduate, Big Girl Job, Reasonable Expectations, Socks and Sweaters.