10 January, 2009

Mutability

Time it takes to get a bowl of cereal: 30 seconds

Time it takes to haul myself away from reading the internet in order to get the bowl of cereal: 3 hours

***
Today we're heading up to hang out with my ex and his lovely wife. The four of us used to live together in perfect harmony - the Ex and I broke up on extremely good terms - and we haven't spent any time together since my birthday, so this will be a fun evening. 

I finished the EZ Maybe It'll Fit Someone hat yesterday. Low and behold, it fits the Elder Relatively-Normal and also looks adorable with her Mexican cornrowed hair. I'm going to wash/block/weigh it this weekend and give it to her on Monday. 

This leaves me with a quandary as to which yarn to use for EZ's next project. I am remembering my dislike for crew-necked sweaters, but I think I should be able to skip the last set of decreases and make a cowl neck instead. The only issue is the stranded yoke - I haven't bought sweater yarn in 1-ball quantities, so I'm at a bit of a loss. However, Little Knits has the Crystal Palace Creme on deep sale, so I may be able to mix and match.I already have 10 skeins of it in my stash, so it won't count against me in the Social Pressure Experiment, which is extremely nice given the yarn acquisition that happened in December and the first week of January.

Anyway, I'm off to swatch and measure. And maybe practice my stranded knitting. Bloody floats.