25 August, 2008

Five Minute Blog Post

I know what you're thinking. "Stop whining, Tikabelle! Show us the pictures of yarn and stuff!"

Your wish is my command.

I finished the Baby Mama Shawl, but it's really just a Baby Shawl. Behold in all its tiny glory!


However, I did manage to finish some baby items for Mer's shower, and since Baby Cinnamon isn't due until the 9th of October, I've got some time for a do-over - I'm thinking a plain something from EZ's February Almanac. Here's my first BSJ:

It turned out pretty cute! I heart the buttons. Yardage to come soon.

I've been craving lace lately, and now that the Baby Shawl is done I can move on to a new project. Since my good friend Kate is moving to Prague in September, I found her a lovely red Zephyr yarn and it will become... something not what it is right now:

That, for the uninitiated plebeian population, is the beginnings of a Secret of Chrysopolis shawl. And while it's absolutely lovely, it's more lace than I can handle right now. I may make a Branching Out Stole (3 pattern repeats across), but it's TBD at the moment. Lordy, I do love that color - I think I may have found my eventual reward for the Social Pressure Experiment in a cone of this lovely Cinnabar from JaggerSpun.

Moving on! Only 2 minutes left!

I've repurposed the Panda Silk from Sock Madness into a pair of No-Purl Monkey Socks:
That's sock #1; school started on Monday and as a consequence I am mostly done with the foot of sock #2. Hurrah for knitting during lectures!

And this, my friends, is what I got in trade from Aija for my 6-ish balls of Lion's rand Chunky:
128 g of sparkly, silky Chai batts from Enchanted Knoll. Don't tell her, but I think I got the better end of the deal!

I also obtained some scraps of yarn from Jasmin to add to the Baby Yarn Collection, and yay! I won this in Omly's blog contest awhile ago. Getting pre-Social Pressure stuff in the mail is always a treat.

That's about it! I have to head out to work for the Refreshingly Normal family now, but as soon as I get into the swing of getting up at 7 instead of noon, life should iron out nicely. Insert blissful sigh of relief here.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty yarns, mmmmm. Next to cheap and innovative office supplies, knitting during class is one of the best things about back to school. I managed to, for the second time in a row, avoid the siren song of classes and am not taking any.

    I love the lace :) I just frogged my last lace project and am trying to decide what to do with the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss knitting at school now that I am the teacher! At least I can do so when I proctor exams right?

    The pattern you asked about on my blog is distributed as a Silver Creek Classics design. If you search for C-451 and Silver Creek Classics you should find it.

    ReplyDelete