15 August, 2008

A Clean Bill of Health

Yesterday was my last day of work at the Sanitarium. Bella was really, really upset - even though she knew beforehand - but it went as well as it could have under the circumstances.

I'm sincerely looking forward to my new job with the as-yet-nicknameless family. This afternoon I'm heading over to say hello and meet the outgoing nanny, with whom I will be working/training all next week. The family just returned from a trip to Israel, and coincidentally enough from the same kibbutz in Israel that I visited with my father back in 1993, so looking at the pictures should be a treat.

I'm also looking forward to having my evenings free, cooking my own food again, and regular hours with a brother/sister pair of siblings. Something about having siblings makes children easier to deal with somehow - they have a built-in play group, and seem to learn interpersonal communication much more quickly than only children. I also very much like the parents, and I'm quite exited about having a new, more stable direction to head in.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope you have nothing but fun with your new job. It sounds much less stressful :)

    ReplyDelete