15 February, 2008

Finishalongapalooza, indeed!

Last weekend my dad, brother and I went to Squaw Valley so they could ski and I could snow bunny. I didn't get much knitting done on the mountain due to a sudden attack of shyness - those who know me well should please pick up their jaws off the floor, TYVM - but I did rip Faina back and finish up my first Hedera sock. The other night I knitted the last section of Faina, so now she is ready for ze blocking, woot! Maybe I'll get that done today and edit in some pictures. Right now I'm lazy.

I also finished up the Hederas yesterday during class!

Hedera socks by Cookie A. in Kool-Aid Valencia Orange, 268 yds.
(Yes, I know my legs are the same color as the table. It's winter.)

Reading for 6 classes has taken a serious bite out of my knitting time while I''m nannying for Bella, so I'm appreciating my in-class knitting more and more. These are the first socks I've knit just for me; bright orange really isn't part of my color palette, but they make me smile anyway. Maybe if I get a tan this semester - it could happen, shut up! - they won't look quite so out of place on my feet.


Ski slope and the gondola

Squaw Valley is a beautiful place. I took a billion pictures of the mountain in all kinds of light even though I know full well from growing up in Alaska that if you've seen one snow-covered peak, you've pretty much seen them all.


Point in case
I also realized that I need a night lens of some sort, because I really enjoy taking pictures of night scenes but can't seem to stop breathing for the 45 seconds it takes for my current lens. Don't know why that is...


Slightly blurry but still pretty!

Jer wanted his camera back, but my friend Crazy Sarah got a wicked cool camera for Christmas from her awesome man and loaned me her Rebel, which was totally sweet of her (thanks babe!).

I'm really close to my first mile in the 12-Mile Quest after finishing those Hedera's, so I think I'll man up and go block that shawl after all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there
    I pulled you in the Hogwarts Sock Swap! Will be stalking you online (in a good-non-creepy way, I promise) :) for a few days and then will get my knitbits together for you
    TTFN
    Your secret pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya know, if you study outside, you'll get tan!

    ReplyDelete